CONSCIOUS NOURISHMENT AWARENESS
• This information has come through Ancient knowledge (from Taoism, Pure Ayurveda, Chinese and Japanese buddhist teachings to the pure systems of Yoga from India).
• They are only guidelines to share with you, to greatly enhance the quality of your life, if you so choose. A choice to test this out for yourself, to consciously remove it from your daily intake, somehow it has found it's way into most processed consumer products.
• Besides making you smell bad! Garlic is an antibiotic which kills bad and good including friendly bacteria within your body, it dosen't differentiate between what is bad or good bacteria or what is negative in your body. Any naturopath will agree with this.
(I made the choice to remove it from my diet many years ago, ginger is a good alternative, see the results in your own life. You will find that your taste buds will come alive and will no longer be masked (50% of human digestion takes place from chewing your food, to create digestive enzymes within your saliva. Your digestive system will run more efficiently, your mind will be calm and you will discover that you are no longer controlled by your emotions). D Dalton
• Garlic has been used in research for up to 7 years. When taken by mouth, garlic can cause bad breath, a burning sensation in the mouth or stomach, heartburn, gas, nausea, vomiting, body odor, and diarrhea.
• These side effects are often worse with raw garlic. Garlic may also increase the risk of bleeding. People who teach raw food diets recommend not to ingest them the garlic interferes with the good bacteria and fauna it can irritate the digestive system. Perhaps this is why there is no coincidence in a sudden increase of fermented foods, komucha drinks etc.
POPULAR TOXIC PLANTS
• Many studies have been made into the effects of pungent plants - garlic,onion, chives, leeks, spring onions, shallots, hing (asafoetida) - on the body/mind/emotional/energetic levels of the human being,
• I would like to share some issues surrounding ingesting these plants. One can mention here both studies at Stanford University as well as Dr Bob Beck’s studies on garlic and its toxic effect on the brain through its penetrating effect on the blood-brain barrier as well as functioning as a poison on brain cells and higher life forms.
• Garlic also lowers and doubles or even triples your reaction speed, as pilots in the 50’s were regularly reminded of. It penetrates the body and putrefies (boils) the blood, causes head aches and ADD, problems focusing, lowers the immune system, can cause aches and pains, allows for addictions, amplify anger/confusion/fear, cause nightmares and disturbing dreams, with great difficulty meditating and stilling the mind, attract astral energies that can create a negative response, disperses energy, clairvoyance and intuition - and so on ~ See Dr Becks article below.
• More facts from recent studies have now surfaced.
Geelong Advertiser ran an article 9th February 2010 which point out that garlic also increases the risk of internal bleeding,
according to an Australian forensic pathologist Dr Roger Byard or the University of Adelaide, (‘Herbal pill can kill: Prof’, Geelong
• However, many people have become quite ‘fond’ of garlic and onions and often require proof of these findings.
I would not deign to presume that anyone should simply take another person’s word for anything. Rather test this out for your self.
Cheers to a happy and healthier life for all! ........ Dez Dalton
TAOISIM - CHINA & THE EAST
• The five pungent plants contain five different kinds of enzymes and when eaten, will not only induce offensive reactions physically and within the mind also spiritually, as they have a harmful dissipating effect upon the Primeval Breath of the five organs of the body i.e. Lungs, Heart, Spleen, Kidneys and the Liver.
Unwholesome consequences and reactions when consuming these plants:
Repellent breath, offensive body odour and from bowels when discharged; Can stimulate lustful gratifications when eaten cooked.
When eaten raw they can create aggravation, agitations, anxieties and aggressiveness and cause emotional outbursts and anger.
TAO ON AGEING
• Some of the Taoist teachings mention that the pungent plants partcularly ingesting garlic due to it's chemical occidation content in the body's cells can bring on the ageing process much sooner!
Perhaps the advertising industry is doing us a favor and wants us to see the truth!
NEGATIVE EFFECTS ON PRIMEVAL BREATH OF THE 5 PRIME ORGANS
• ONIONS - disperse the primeval breath of the element of Metal - harmful to THE LUNGS
• GARLIC - disperse the primeval breath of the element of Fire - harmful to THE HEART
• LEEKS - disperse the primeval breath of the element of Earth - harmful to the THE SPLEEN
• CHIVES - disperse the primeval breath of the element of Wood - harmful to THE LIVER
• SPRING ONIONS - disperse the primeval breath of the element of Water harmful to THE KIDNEYS
Reference: "The Unfolding Truth of Man and the Universe" by S. H. LORNA WONG I.S.B. N 9971-84-953-4
CLARI - TEA
ANCIENT REMEDY TO REMOVE EFFECTS OF GARLIC OIL FROM THE CELLS OF YOUR BODY
Bring a pot of water to boil.
Remove pot from the heat, place in the pot of water a large clump of curly Parsley, add some thin sliced Lemons.
Cover and let ingredients sit for 15 minutes to infuse.
Drink tea mixture and eat the parsley.
This tea remedy begins the process to bring clarity and focus to the mind, assisting the body's digestion process giving a fresh feeling within enhancing all of your inner and outer senses.
Without this tea remedy it can take up to 6 months to completely remove the garlic oil toxins from your body.
FODMAP - RECOMENDATIONS ON I.B.S.
Yogic ~ Nutritional Healthy Clean Eating
Jose Calarco ~ Forrest Yoga Teacher Instructor
9 Steps to Conscious Eating ~ Jose Calarco
1. Eat Organic. (Organic food has 83% more nutrients & contains no chemicals).
2. Eat Local. (Eating fresh local produce is far superior than eating cheap imported foods which are already weeks old and have lost their vitality before getting onto market shelves).
3. Eat Raw. (Cooking food leeches out most of the nutrients: steaming, baking and light grilling is far superior to frying: work towards a 70/30 ratio of Raw vs. Cooked).
4. Go Vegan. (Nothing will benefit the planet, the animals & your personal health more so than adopting a Vegan diet).
5. No Garlic and Onion. (Stink foods have absolutely no place in our diets and are highly detrimental to our Spiritual, Mental, Emotional & Physical wellbeing: These foods cause foul breath, body odor, heartburn & acid reflux. Cleanliness is next to Godliness, being clean on both the outside and inside is a step to spiritual purity & integrity)
6. Don’t Overeat-Drink lots of Water. (Overeating is a modern day epidemic for both Vegans & meat-eaters alike, which depletes our energy & turns our food into poison. Always leave space in the belly after each meal... Some of the most important steps to good health are to eat moderately, occasionally fast & drinks lots of water between meals: Never drink anything during a meal).
7.Eat with the Circadian Rhythms. (1) From 4am to 12 noon is the cycle of ELIMINATION (fruit & liquids only) (2) From 12pm to 8pm is the cycle of APPROPRIATION (This is the most efficient time for digesting & eating larger quantities of food) (3) From 8pm to 4am is the cycle of ASSIMILATION (Eat nothing if possible, This is the time nutrients are absorbed via the organs)
8. Listen to your Body after each meal tune into your body, if certain foods are not digesting well & making you feel bloated or ill, then leave them out of your diet. Watch out for food allergies, your body will give you signs what it does and does not want.
9. Blessing your food with Love & Gratitude. Eat with the feeling of receiving life; See your relationship to food as an interface with nature; pray over every meal and eat mindfully.
Ref: by kind permission from Jose Calarco ~ Forrest Yoga International
BRITISH ROYAL FAMILY
Even the royal family takes their health seriously with interesting restrictions on food. Shellfish and raw meat are some items, for example being seen as too much as a health risk. Garlic & onions are forbidden in the palace. The excuse informed to the media is that when travelling 'it is thought to make social interaction uncomfortable'.
AYURVEDA & YOGA ~ FOOD & NUTRITION
• Aware Yoga schools advise about the effects of consuming onion and garlic. Many people think that by eating more of these foods it will help to fight off colds and flus.
• Besides making you stink! Garlic is an anti-biotic which also destroys beneficial bacteria, anti-biotic (anti-life) which are essential to the proper functioning of the digestive system.
• The five pungent plants – garlic, onion, leeks, chives and spring onions affect our physical body by dulling the senses and depleting energy levels, producing offensive breath and body odour, slows reaction and response times.
• Emotions – creates anger, confusion and fear, amplifies negative emotions within the body.
• Mind – nightmares and disturbing dreams, dull headaches and migraines, difficult to remain clear and focused.
• Spiritual – difficulty in meditating, stilling the mind, attracting lower energies and negative thoughts. Disperses clairvoyance and intuition, these pungent plants can shut out the finer energies and higher frequencies of Light.
• Homeopathic medicine comes to the same conclusion when it recognises that red onion produces a dry cough, watery eyes, sneezing, runny nose and other familiar cold-related symptoms when consumed.
FOOD AND DIET
• It is said, with good reason, that we are what we eat. Our bodies are made from proteins, minerals, and other nutrients in our food, which also supplies the energy that fuels them. The quality of the food we ingest has a direct bearing on our physical and mental well-being and, according to yogic tradition, on the quality and quantity of our energy.
• Most people live in a toxic world, in which our water is recycled, the air we breathe is polluted, and many of our foodstuffi have chemical additives or contain residues of pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers.
But we need food and water to survive, so unless you live on a mountain top, drinking fresh spring water, eating organically grown foods, and hunting for fresh, uncontaminated meat or fish, you need choose your food carefully if you want to become and remain truly healthy.
• Changing your diet in accordance a yogic principles can bring a great improvement in the quality of your life, but always be conscious of where your food comes from and how it affects you physically, mentally, and emotionally.
ENERGY AND HARMONY
• Each of us is biochemically different and balance in your diet is the key, and naturally affected by his or her environment and lifestyle, so it is impossible to in Oriental medicine to make hard and fast rules about diet, as each person has individual needs and goals. However, you can help yourself by eating fresh, natural, wholesome foods and liquids that nourish your body and mind, and by having an awareness of how and where they were produced. In a way, by eating for good health you are reversing the gourmet philosophy of "living to eat rather than eating to live," but even if health is the main aim, that does not mean that your diet should be boring. A proper balance in your diet is the key, and will bring harmony and vitality to your life.
In Oriental medicine and yogic texts food and diet are as important as externaland internal exercise.
Just as we categorize foods by their different tastes - sweet - sour - bitter - salty - the ancient Chinese catagorized foods as Yin or Yang.
• And according to the yogic texts, food, like any matter, has vibrational qualities; these reflect the quality of the energy into which food is transformed when eaten. There are said to be three qualities or types of energy, and thus of foods, and these are known as the three Gunas.
THE GUNAS - SATTVA, RAJAS, and TAMAS
Are three qualities in the unmanifested universe, and like Yin and Yang in the Taoist tradition, they exist together in balance and harmony. Sattva represents purity,
Rajas passion, and Tamas inertia.
• When energy manifests - takes form - one of the three Gunas becomes dominant over the others.
It is said, in every person, one of the Gunas dominates and its nature is clearely reflected in his or her thoughts, actions and feelings.
• Become aware and develop an awareness of the vibrational quality of the food you eat and the liquids you drink. Then you will be able to sense its effects on you physically and emotionally and to judge what you need.
Remember - balance is the key: not just a proper balance of nutrients, but also the balance of the Gunas, and of Yin and Yang vibrating in harmony.
When you achieve this balance and harmony, your physical and spiritual bodies will be able to function at their best.
PREPARING YOUR FOOD
• The energy quality of the food we eat is important but so, too, is the spirit in which the food is prepared and the energy with which it is eaten. (A perfect example of this is depicted in a wonderful film called Like Water for Chocolate, where the emotions of a girl preparing food were transported into the food, and all who ate it experienced what she felt.)
Because so much of our food is convenience food, neatly packaged in oven-ready disposable dishes, we actually have very little physical contact with the food that we eat. All too often, eating is a different kind of gratification, a clear reflection of a "fast food lifestyle." The attitude of many people seems to be, "yes, but we just don't have the time to notice the texture and colour, where it came from, or how it was grown." This is a mistake: honour your food as "life giving life for life," as you prepare it, consciously bless it with a positive creative energy. Singing while you prepare your food works wonderfully!
• The Sattvic diet includes cereals, fresh fruit and vegetables, seeds, and. It is considered the purest diet for any serious yogi.
• The Rajasic foods include root vegetables,
hot, spicy foods, fish,salt, and stimulants
such as tea and coffee.EATING TO NOURISH, BODY MIND AND SOUL
Saying grace or blessing food before it is eaten is a common practice in many traditions and cultures. It is an opportunity to offer thanks. Before I eat, I take a moment to close my eyes, inhale deeply, and say, either silently or out loud, "I eat in clarity" or "I eat in love," naming whatever divine energy I energise the food with.
• This simple gesture makes eating a conscious action and I can enjoy the food in the present moment with all my senses. Therefore, be aware of the quality of your food, where it comes from, and the blessings you charge it with. Your body, mind and soul will appreciate you honoring the food, and you will enjoy it more.
• Meat, garlic, onions, leeks, chives, spring onions, shellfish, chilis, eggs, deep fried foods, and fermented foods are considered Tamasic, as are processed foods, including alcohol and tobacco.
reprinted with kind permission from 'Divine Sex - The Tantric & Taoist Arts of Conscious Loving by Carolyn Aldred
GARLIC TOXIC SHOCK!
• The reason garlic is so toxic, the sulphone hydroxyl ion penetrates the blood brain barrier, just like DMSO, and is a specific poison for higher life forms and brain cells. We discovered this much to our horror, when I was the world's largest manufacturer of ethical EEG biofeedback equipment. We'd have people come back from lunch that looked clinically dead on the encephalograph, which we used to calibrate their progress. "Well, what happened?" " Well, I went to an Italian restaurant and there was some garlic in my salad dressing!". So we had 'em sign things that they won't touch garlic before classes or we were wasting their time, and money and my time. I guess those of you who are pilots or have been in flight tests... I was in flight test engineering in Doc Hallan's group in the 1950's.
• The flight surgeon would come around every month and remind all of us: "Don't you dare touch any garlic 72 hours before you fly one of our airplanes, because it'll double or triple your reaction time. You're three times slower than you would be if you'd [not] had a few drops of garlic."
• Well, we didn't know why for 20 years later, until I owned the Alpha-Metrics Corporation. We were building biofeedback equipment and found out that garlic totally desynchronizes your brain waves.
So I funded a study at Stanford and, sure enough, they found that it's a poison. You can rub a clove of garlic on your foot - on the sole of your foot - and you can smell it shortly later on your wrists. So it penetrates the body. This is why DMSO smells a lot like garlic: that sulphone hydroxyl ion penetrates all the barriers including the corpus callosum in the brain.
Any of you who are organic gardeners know that if you don't want to use DDT, garlic will kill anything in the way of insects.
Now, most people have heard most of their lives that garlic is good for you, and we put those people in the same class of ignorance as the mothers who at the turn of the century would buy morphine sulphate in the drugstore and give it to their babies to put 'em to sleep.
• If you have any patients who have low-grade headaches or attention deficit [disorder], they can't quite focus on the computer in the afternoon, just do an experiment - you owe it to yourselves. Take those people off garlic and see how much better they get, very,very shortly. And then let them eat a little garlic after about three weeks. They'll say: "My God, I had no idea that this was the cause of our problems." And this includes the de-skunked garlic's, Kyolic, some of the other products.
Very unpopular, but I've got to tell you the truth - Dr Robert C. Beck.'I am as surprised and shocked as you will be to hear such a respected scientist as Dr Bob Beck telling us that garlic is highly toxic. Editor'
(Source: From a lecture by Dr Robert [Bob] C. Beck, DSc., given at the Whole Life Expo, Seattle, WA, USA, in March 1996)
Dr Robert Beck also found in his research on human brain function in the 1980's that garlic has a detrimental effect on the brain and researching this further he learned that many yoga groups and philosophical teachings caution against the use of garlic and onions as they are known to interfere with meditation practices. Some aware individuals have described themselves as experiencing brain fog after having garlic).
SPIRIT - ENERGY
Chinese Taoist Monk's Experience
Why is garlic a brain toxin?
garlic health food or poison?
garlic negative side effects
garlic negative effects on the brain
How onion & garlic ruined my research